Hello! Welcome to my Education
My vision for my students (and all people) is to learn how to make beautiful music together and share their music with the community.
I have been fortunate to have taught guitar students of different ages and skill levels since 1990.
I work with students one-on-one and I teach classes of any size, including 30 or more students at a time.
At Bellaire High School in Houston, I teach five guitar classes per day, or 100+ students in a thriving Guitar Program. In earlier times, I was the guitar instructor at College of the Mainland (Texas City) and at Houston Community College (Stafford).
I love teaching and making the world a better place as best I can!
To this end, I enjoy organizing educational music festivals like:
• The Houston ISD All-City Guitar Festival (February, since 2011)
• Summer Guitar Conservatory, Bellaire HS (June, since 2015)
• Congreso de Guitarra de Nicaragua 2014 y 2016
• ... and other festivals as a guest presenter or participant.
During my summer vacations, I volunteer at guitar workshops in Central America.
Other lectures and presentations I have done:
• Forum: Teaching Guitar in the Public School
• Workshop: Arranging Jazz and Popular Song for Solo Guitar
• Workshop: Adding Jazz to your Guitar Repertoire
• Workshop: Improvising and Accompanying Jazz on the Nylon-string Guitar
• Workshop: Bossa Nova, Samba and the Rhythms of Brasil
• Forum: Making a Living Playing and Teaching Guitar
I do teach private, individual lessons at my studio in Sharpstown (Houston). Students must bring a nylon-stringed guitar. The lessons are fun and structured around the student's ability and interests.
To talk about these and other urgent matters, ; ) , please call me at: 832.693.8345
Thank you for visiting my education page! Have a musical day!
Home Page ¦
Performances ¦ Video
Samples ¦ Recordings
¦ Sheet Music
To contact Edward Grigassy for more information: